frogminer: legacy method
At the moment, we don't recommend Frogminer, as we have better and more efficient methods. If you can, go back to the Seedminer directory and pick a different method.
If, for some reason, you need to use Frogminer, here's some instructions.
Frogminer requires access to the Homebrew Menu. If you don't already have access, I'll suggest Pichaxx. If you do already have it, you can skip the Pichaxx section.
What You Need
- The free eShop game, "Pokémon Picross".
- Your console updated to 11.10
How to Pichaxx
Seedminer: finding your id0
- Turn your console off and take out the SD card.
- Put the SD card into your computer, navigate to it and open the "Nintendo 3DS" folder.
- Inside this folder, you will see one or more folders with very long, seemingly random names. Do not open any further folders.
- If you only have ONE long named folder, skip to step 11. If you have TWO OR MORE, follow these steps in order. The "private" folder, if it exists, does not count.
- Back out of your Nintendo 3DS folder to your SD root. You may see folders such as Nintendo 3DS and DCIM. This means you are in the right place.
- Rename your Nintendo 3DS folder to "Nintendo BACKUP" (right click and select "Rename")
- Safely eject your SD card, put it back in your console, and power it on.
- Wait for your console to generate some data.
- Once you see the home menu, power off your console, take out the SD card and put it in your computer.
- Navigate back to the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on your SD card. You should now only have one long named folder.
- The 32 character name of this long named folder is referred to as your 'id0'.
- Right click this 'id0' folder and select "Rename".
- The folder name should now be blue. Right click the blue text and select "Copy". DO NOT enter or replace any text. If you accidentally enter or replace any text, press Control+Z to undo this action and restore your 'id0' name.
- Left click away from the folder to deselect it, and paste (Control+V) your id0 somewhere (for example, a Notepad window).
- IF YOU NEEDED TO RENAME THE NINTENDO 3DS FOLDER: delete the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, then rename "Nintendo BACKUP" to "Nintendo 3DS". If you did NOT need to rename the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, DO NOT delete or rename anything.
- Go to bruteforcemovable.
- Input your friend code and id0 into the fields given.
- Complete the "I'm not a robot" CAPTCHA.
- The website will give you a friend code. On your console, open the Friends List (home menu, top row, orange box with smiley face). If, instead, it skips to "Done!" (step 4) and gives you the option to download your movable.sed directly, skip to step eight.
- Press "Register Friend", then "Internet", then enter the friend code from the website.
- Give it a random name. The name is not important.
- Back on BruteforceMovable, the website should be on step 2. When presented the option, click "Continue". If it is not on step 2, refresh the page ONCE.
- Wait some time. Once the process is finished, you can download your "movable.sed". Put it somewhere you'll remember.
Generating your save file
- Go to BFM's injector.
- Upload your "movable.sed" and select the region of your console.
- Download your modified save and put it somewhere you'll remember.
- Download the latest release of the homebrew menu, boot.3dsx.
- Download the otherapp payload for your region and version from the otherapp generator
- Copy the otherapp payload you downloaded to the root of your SD card and rename it 'otherapp.bin'. If you cannot see the .bin extension, do not add it.
- Copy the "boot.3dsx" you downloaded to the root of your SD card.
- Navigate to: Nintendo 3DS > ID0 > ID1 > title > 00040000 > 0017c100 > dataNote: the ID0 is the same one you used/found in Seedminer, the ID1 is the next folder inside the ID0
- Replace the save in this folder with the one you received from "Generating your save file".
- Create a folder in your root called "3ds".
- Put your SD card back in your console and start the game.
What You Need
- Frogtool.3dsx, available in the zip file from here.
- frogcert.bin, available here. THIS IS A TORRENT. You will need a torrent client to access this link. qbittorrent is recommended.
- the b9stool archive from this link.
- The latest Luma release from here.
- Access to the Homebrew Launcher. If you do not already have access, scroll back up and click "I do not have a homebrew entry point", and do that tutorial. KEEP YOUR movable.sed, YOU WILL NEED IT FOR THIS PROCESS.
- Your [ movable.sed ]. If you do not have this file from the above tutorial, open the "I do not have a homebrew entry point" section above and follow the "Finding your id0" and "Finding your movable.sed" sections, then come back here.
- Your console updated to 11.10. To do this, go to System Settings, then Other Settings, then find System Update. If this breaks your existing homebrew access, go click "I do not have a homebrew entry point" above and do that tutorial.
How To Frii CFW
- Extract the Frogtool, Luma3ds and b9stool archives to a folder of your choice.
- Copy "boot.nds" from the b9stool folder onto your SD card root. NB: Your root is the SD card's main window, not inside any folders. You may see such folders as Nintendo 3DS and DCIM. This means you are in the root.
- Copy "boot.firm" from the Luma3ds folder onto your SD card root.
- Copy "frogcert.bin" onto your SD card root.
- Copy "movable.sed" to the SD card root.
- Copy "Frogtool.3dsx" to inside the 3ds folder on your SD card. Make one if it does not exist. NB: This means "3ds", NOT "Nintendo 3DS"
- Put your SD in your console and power on.
- Launch Steel Diver, which should launch the Homebrew Menu.
- Launch Frogtool 2.2 from the list of applications.
- Select INJECT patched DS Download Play, and press A.
- Once this operation has finished, read the top screen. All operations should finish in OK, GOOD or DONE. If any finish in NOT OK, MISSING, CORRUPTED or FAIL, try injecting again or ask for help on the Discord server linked at the top of this page.
- If all operations succeed, select BOOT patched DS Download Play and press A.
- Wait a minute or two. Eventually, this should boot straight into Japanese Flipnote. Follow these slides in order to boot into b9stool. Here's a video if you prefer that.
- Once you have booted b9stool, select "install boot9strap" and follow the on screen prompts.
- Once boot9strap is successfully installed, power off your device. If the Luma Configuration menu appears, skip to step 16.
- Power on your device. You should boot into the Luma Configuration menu.
- In this menu, put an X in the "Show NAND or user string" box. Press Start to continue.
- You should now be at the 3DS home menu. From here, follow this page.